This Will Install The New Version Of The Pi-hole Only!
Run this command only on a clean install of the Raspberry Pi running Raspbian. Your results may vary if you try to run this on an existing system, so it is not recommended.
- Install Raspbian onto the Pi (use this version if you plan on installing the mini LCD for real-time monitoring at some point)
- Connect the Pi to your router with an Ethernet cable
- (suggested) run sudo raspi-config to expand the filesystem and give the GPU less memory
- Edit the /etc/network/interfaces file to use a static IP address [critical step]
- Run this command (if you forgot to set a static IP, then run /usr/local/bin/gravity.sh after that command finishes)
- Configure your computers/devices to use the Pi as their DNS server [critical step]
- (optional) Block malware or tracking sites
- (optional) Use alternative upstream DNS servers
Test If It Works
You can test if ads get blocked by using this site.